However.. I must say the HIGHLIGHT of the week has been...

My good friend Derek and I recently became volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. Yesterday (Saturday), we had orientation. Derek and I are SOOOOOO excited to help build houses for less fortunate people. I am so thrilled to be a member of this amazing organization. I know that it is going to be one life changing experience. Not to mention, I am going to learn so much about building a house. We are going to have the opportunity to learn how to do roofing, plumbing and other things!
My week in a nutshell:
Monday- I went bowling with my friend Jake.

It was a lot of fun! I stink at bowling but I got a couple strikes so I was happy!
Tuesday - My mom learned that she broke her foot! She has no idea how but it was swollen & the she went to the doctor and now has to wear a boot!
Poor Mom.. good thing is she is home with us everyday now! :)
My long lost friend Brad contacted me! He has been home from his mission about 2 months and we finally got together! It was so good to see him!! We went and saw the movie, "Hancock." It was pretty good... kinda weird though!

Wednesday -
I had voice lessons. I am so happy I started them back in April. So.. I finally learned that I can sing 3 octaves!! (I guess that's a good thing!) I have been trying to prepare for my recital in August.. ugh I HATE singing in front of people!!Thursday - I hung out with my best friend Tawnie!! It's been so long since we have seen each other. I helped her stuff envelopes for her wedding Announcements! I can't believe she is getting married August 12! I am so happy for her. After wedding stuff, we went to Some Burro's. It was way yummy. Tawnie nannies this cute little girl, Tanzanite. I played with her like all day I was over at Tawnie's house. She is the cutest little girl ever!! She was my new best friend! haha

Friday - I babysat Cooper! He is the cutest little boy ever. I was thinking of how I started babysitting him about a year ago & how much he has grown up. It truly is amazing how precious life is and how fast children grow up!
Saturday - Derek & I had orientation for Habitat for Humanity. Then we went to look at this truck I am totally in love with and want so bad!!!
I HAVE to get this TRUUUCK! I am seriously in LOVE with it!!!! I know I wanted a Mazda 3 but I truly am NOT a car girl.. I am a truck girl! I guess it's the tomboy in me. For the record, my mom is the one who just suprised me with the Honda Civic I have.. she never discussed it with me!! I am grateful I have a car but I really am a sucker for trucks!! :)Then later, My mom and I went to Culver's!!! They have a Culver's in AZ!! I cannot believe it! For those of you who do not know what Culver's is... it is THE BEST frozen custard place in the Midwest! It definitely blows Nielsen's out of the water! Yeah.. we were so excited!
Today - Church.. then Mom & I watched movies all day since neither one of us felt good! It's fun just hanging out with my fam!! I ♥ my momma!! I love that she is home all the time now!
4 comments:
Oh, you mom's poor foot! I had no idea! You're awesome little girl! Volunteering, bowling, movies, all sounds very fun! Miss ya! Love ya!
Erin!! =) Your blogis the most cute blog I have ever seen in my life. Geez girl. hah! Ooo your poor mom! Thats no fun at all. Tell her I hope it keeps better. Volunteering,Good girl!!! Love ya!
I would love to go to Culver's! What part of town is it in? You know me, and ice cream!!! It sounds like you had a happy week! I love habitat for humantity. I think it is wonderful that your volunteering. I'll give you a call in a few minutes! Mo mo is right here, and sends her love! :)
Oops! I as signed on under Sarah's blog. The last message was from me! :)
Post a Comment