
Ok... I am seriously retarded. Well.. back in January I believe.. I posted about how I ran out of gas in my driveway & how nobody was home at my house,my cell phone had just died so I was kind of stranded. Then randomly, one of my neighbor's yard guys brought me a gas can & I was off to work.
Well... yesterday I was driving home from voice lessons. I was almost home & my low fuel light came on. I was like oh I will be fine.. I will just get gas later. So I got home & then went out with my friend. By the time I got home, I was too tired to even think about getting gas so I just went to bed.
Then at like 6:30am this morning, as I was leaving for school, my car wouldn't start!! I was like ahhh darn it! Not again! haha! I wasn't too worried because I thought.. I will just find our gas cans in the garage. Hmmm.. too bad we got rid of them when we traded the lawn mower in for an electric one!
So I just went inside my house & I heard the doorbell ring. I was like who is ringing the doorbell this early? Well... to my surprise, it was my Mexican friend that helped me last time.. with his gas can!! Coincidence or what?? I pretty much have a guardian angel named Enrique!!
Anyway.. yeah I got my gas!! :) Oh and I bought my own gas can & filled it up so I will be ready for next time!!
On a spiritual note... While I was rummaging in my garage for some "OIL".. I thought of a story that I had read a couple nights ago before bed.. The Parable of the 10 Virgins. If you don't remember it.. read it here.
Obviously I was one of the foolish virgins. I procrastinated getting my "oil" so when I needed it, I didn't have any & I had to pay the consequences (being late, missing class,etc). Just like the other foolish virgins, they didn't have oil so when the bridegroom came, they were not prepared and were not able to go in to get married.
We all need to make sure we are not like the foolish virgins. Our time here on Earth is the time to prepare for the Second Coming... NOW... not tomorrow or the next day. N O W.
Well... yesterday I was driving home from voice lessons. I was almost home & my low fuel light came on. I was like oh I will be fine.. I will just get gas later. So I got home & then went out with my friend. By the time I got home, I was too tired to even think about getting gas so I just went to bed.
Then at like 6:30am this morning, as I was leaving for school, my car wouldn't start!! I was like ahhh darn it! Not again! haha! I wasn't too worried because I thought.. I will just find our gas cans in the garage. Hmmm.. too bad we got rid of them when we traded the lawn mower in for an electric one!
So I just went inside my house & I heard the doorbell ring. I was like who is ringing the doorbell this early? Well... to my surprise, it was my Mexican friend that helped me last time.. with his gas can!! Coincidence or what?? I pretty much have a guardian angel named Enrique!!
Anyway.. yeah I got my gas!! :) Oh and I bought my own gas can & filled it up so I will be ready for next time!!
On a spiritual note... While I was rummaging in my garage for some "OIL".. I thought of a story that I had read a couple nights ago before bed.. The Parable of the 10 Virgins. If you don't remember it.. read it here.

Obviously I was one of the foolish virgins. I procrastinated getting my "oil" so when I needed it, I didn't have any & I had to pay the consequences (being late, missing class,etc). Just like the other foolish virgins, they didn't have oil so when the bridegroom came, they were not prepared and were not able to go in to get married.
We all need to make sure we are not like the foolish virgins. Our time here on Earth is the time to prepare for the Second Coming... NOW... not tomorrow or the next day. N O W.
President Spencer W. Kimball said:
“In the parable, oil can be purchased at the market. In our lives the oil of preparedness is accumulated drop by drop in righteous living. Attendance at sacrament meetings adds oil to our lamps, drop by drop over the years. Fasting, family prayer, home teaching, control of bodily appetites, preaching the gospel, studying the scriptures—each act of dedication and obedience is a drop added to our store. Deeds of kindness, payment of offerings and tithes, chaste thoughts and actions, marriage in the covenant for eternity—these, too, contribute importantly to the oil with which we can at midnight refuel our exhausted lamps” (Faith Precedes the Miracle [1972], 256).
GOT OIL??
3 comments:
I need an Enrique! Actually I have a N, S, and a J. I can only hope they will be around if I run out of gas! I'm glad that you now have a gas can of your own! :) Nothing like being self reliant! :)
haha wow that is pretty crazy! You are so cute like relating the gospel to that and everything! It's very true we need to make sure that we are prepared and everything so thanks for reminding me of that! : )
haha That's awesome! So did you see fruit punch there. I bet he has been promoted to wear the chucke costume! : ) Well ultimate frisbee is kind of hard to explain over something like this but yeah it is pretty intense and I love it! It has sort of a football feel to it I suppose but it's just awesome! That would be fun for you to visit! Although it's not that exciting around here and I am always doing homework or playing ultimate! haha
Post a Comment