Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Weekend..


This weekend has been great! The highlight of it is most definitely helping build a house with Habitat for Humanity on Saturday.
I had to be to Apache Junction bright & early at 6:30am! At first, I was really nervous about going.. I really don't like doing things by myself. I usually get really shy in front of people I don't know.. I just really hate being out of my comfort zone. Luckily, I sucked it up & got to the construction site & was really outgoing. Yay! Everyone there was SOOOOO nice. I met so many new friends.

I guess last week they actually started on the house so this was my first week being there. It was a lot of fun. We worked on framing the house. I got to hammer nails into this weather strip thing & go on a tall ladder... scary! I hate heights! Oh yeah.. I also had to cut lots of wood & measure. I am DEFINITELY not good at measuring. I can't read the measuring tape! haha. I don't know why I had that job haha oh well!!!
(Me cutting wood! I didn't even know someone took this! haha!!)


It was nice being out in the sun. I tried working on my tan by wearing a tank top but I don't think it helped much.. dang it. I am just so helpless when it comes to tanning! haha oh well.



We worked on the house for like 8 hours & then were done. The family we are building the house for was out there working with all of us which I think is amazing. Habitat requires future homeowners to put in a certain amount of hours. I can't imagine being a homeowner that gets to work on my own house & see all the progress. That would be so neat.



I am so glad to be a part of Habitat For Humanity. I feel so good inside when I am helping others.



Happy Fall!!!! Yay For Fall!!!


1 comment:

michelle said...

I have been thinking about you! How have you been? We need to get together for lunch. Call me when you have some free time, and let's set something up.

I think it is so wonderful that you are helping Habitat for Humantity. There is nothing better in this world, than serving others. Love you, Michelle