Saturday, January 19, 2008

Disappointed...

Head to toe in pink.. Ready for the Suns game!

Well, yesterday I had Suns tickets. I was actually excited to go even though I screwed up my original date & we rarely talk anymore. So, my Dad took me. At first it was going great. We were jamming out to the ipod & having a good time. I kept thanking my Dad for going with me. Unfortunately, I had no idea the night was going to get sour. So we were trying to find the parking garage & my dad kept getting mad at me since I don't know my way downtown. Well, we finally parked & then were headed to the US Airways Arena when my Dad out of the blew got mad at me for texting & handed me the keys to the car & while walking away said, "Here, you take the keys home. I am taking a bus home." Wow. I was in shock. First of all, I have never been downtown alone. Second of all, I did not know where I was going & third, I just wanted to have a fun night at the game. So my dad was no where in sight and I called my mom balling my eyes out. I am so thankful for her. We have had rough times together but she has always been there when I have needed her. My mom said my dad used to do these stupid things to her. So she told me to take the car to his house & get in my car & find someones house to hang out at until my sister got home. So, luckily I found the car & found my way home. So much for a fun night. If anyone knows a good pyschologist, please let me know. I need to talk to one really badly!!

Well... today was a wayyyy better then yesterday. Today, I went hiking with some friends & tried getting my mind off of everything that has been happening lately. It was really nice. I had a lot of fun. I loved getting the exercise & enjoying the cool weather. I was looking at the pretty scenery and was in aw that Heavenly Father created everything I was looking at. We have such a beautiful Earth. It is so amazing that he created all of it & us too!! A lot of times, I find things wrong with me. For example, I never have liked my nose. So I always said, "I want a nose job." Or I will look at people and say, "They are ugly." Today, I remembered a story I heard & I remembered the moral of it. Heavenly Father is like an artist & when we find things wrong with our self or others, it hurts him because he created us. We are all beautiful because we are children of God who loves us very much.




2 comments:

sarah ann said...

Hey Erin!! :) Your makeup looks so good! Sorry about the Sun's game, That stinks! :( Looks like you had fun hiking! :) Thank you so much for re-doing my blog! It looks so good! I love it.

michelle said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the Sun's game. I feel horrible that you had to go thru that. I too would have been frightened to be downtown alone. Is everything ok with your Dad now? I looks like you had a fun day hiking. There is something wonderful about the fresh air. Hugs to you! Michelle