Monday, September 15, 2008

To My Sister...



Dear Sister,
I have many things I want to say.. so let's hope they can all come out. 

First off, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your heartache. I too know how that feels. It's hard to lose that one person who has helped you through it all... who you could tell everything to.. who you would spend everyday with. Yeah, I know what that's like. It's hard when all that is gone and you are left with a heart that's in pieces. It's almost impossible to see that light at the end of the tunnel. But.. Life has a funny way of working itself out.

As much as we want to control our life, we can't. Everything does happen for a reason. I've learned that you just have to take Life one day at a time. You have to take the good with the bad; smile with the sad, love what you got & remember what you had; learn to forgive but never forget; learn from your mistakes but never regret; people change, things go wrong.. just remember life goes on.

Sister, you are so strong. Probably one of the strongest people I know. I know you will be able to overcome any obstacle in your life. We are only given trials because we can overcome them.
Just know that you are never alone. I will always be there for you for anything.. no matter what. Plus, you have so many people that love you. Never forget that you are a Daughter of our Heavenly Father. He really does know you and loves you dearly. When you hurt, he hurts.

I also wanted to thank you for being my sister. Thanks for playing with me. Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed when I was scared. Thanks for caring for me when no one else was there. Thanks for teaching me everything. I'm sorry for all the times I was mean to you. No matter what, I would never change the love I have for you.

Sorry Sister.. if this doesn't flow or make sense. I am not blessed with your talent of writing. I am just trying to express my love for you!


I love you dearly! Hang in there & Keep your head up, Gorgeous!
Your Lil Sis

2 comments:

michelle said...

Erin, you are such a special person. This post has touched my heart. You, and your sister are blessed to have one another. I do believe that things happen for a reason. I probably will never know, many of those reasons in this life. I hope that your sister heals soon, and finds her prince charming! Love you! :)

Jenn said...

Erin,

I really love you much and thank you for your letter. Your words were so beautiful and really touched my heart. I had no idea that you even wrote that to me until today!

I am overcome with emotion now but want to thank you for so many things. Thank you for being my little sister and looking up to me even when I didn't deserve it.

Thanks for loving me when it seemed like I didn't know how to love you back. Thanks for caring for me when I didn't care too much about myself. Thank you for always being there at times silently and hurting with me.

I will never forget the pain but when I do look back I always remember you there going through it all with me. We might have experienced life in different ways but it always helped to know I wasn't alone.

Whether it was playing or walking with you home from school I always felt so lucky to have a sweet little girl that was my sister who wanted to be like me.

As the years go on and the older we get I know what we have a lot to work on to heal our past. I do know we cannot always right the wrongs but do know that there is a bond between us that life cannot break. I do not know what the future holds for me or for you but I do know that no matter how far I go or where life leads me there will always be an everlasting love for you.

I hope that I can always be the friend and sister that you deserve.

Love, Your Big Sister