Thursday, October 2, 2008

Road Trip

Saturday I went on a little adventure! I headed to Thatcher to visit my friends, Tawnie & Vanessa!!
So.. I had never been to Thatcher.. I didn't even know where the heck it was. But It only takes 2 1/2 hours to get there. To be honest, I had heard that Thatcher was ghetto.
However.. I kind of like it. For some reason, I have been really lovin' the small town thing, lately. The drive to Thatcher was really neat. It had lots of mountains, random barns & houses.. I don't know.. it was just cool. So the whole time I was driving, I was just jamming out to country with the windows down & moonroof open! Can't get better than that!!

Once I got into Thatcher, I picked up my friend Vanessa & we headed to the football game for Eastern Arizona! Tawnie was all ready there because she is the mascot. Haha My friend is Hank the Gila Monster. She did such a great job too! I seriously laugh hysterically when I see her.



So Eastern Arizona played ASU. Haha Not the real ASU.. it was called like American Sports University. Well... the sad thing is they were terrible! EA beat them 59-0!! haha After the game, Vanessa & I went to good ole Wal*Mart in Safford and took silly pictures.




After Wal*Mart we went to a good mexican food restaurant.. sorta like Filly B's! :) It was good. Then we drove around trying to get to Mount Graham so we could look at the stars! I love looking at the stars & you can see them soooo well there! :) Well.. that wasn't very successful so we drove around town for awhile.
Then we hurried to her dorm so we could sneak myself in there. I guess at midnight they check the rooms. I had to hide under the bed so no one would know I snuck in. Luckily, Vanessa's old roommate moved out so I just slept on that girl's bed.

Then on Sunday, we slept in so late & headed over to Tawnie's house. We played lots of fun games! Tawnie made us dinner too. It was really good. She made rolls, cinnamon butter (cuz I was talking about Texas Roadhouse!), pork chops, potatoes, carrots & my yummy cherry chip cake!





After dinner, I headed home. :( I am so glad I got to hang out with them. I am definitely going to visit them more often! They are such great girls!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I haven't ever been to Thatcher either. Steve has been there many times. I believe he did a sub-division of roofs, there a while back. I have always wanted to go, and visit. It looks like you had so much fun with your friends! I think it is cool that your friend is the mascot!!!

I am going to call you tomorrow. This week got so nuts, I had to start laughing. :)

Jana said...

Fun trip! I love you sissy!