Sunday, December 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Yesterday was a very special day. It was the dedication of the Hodge home. 
This was my first Habitat for Humanity home so it means a lot to me that I got to help build it. 
The dedication was really awesome. They blessed the house and made it a home. 
I am so happy the Hodge family now has a nice, safe place to raise their cute family. The Hodge's are very deserving of this home and I am so glad they were picked to have it.
Getting the keys to their home

Some of Us volunteers with the some of the Hodge's
My friend Jordan & I!

I feel selfish for the life I have been given. I've never had to go without something..while other people are struggling. Nonetheless, I am very thankful for everything I have and all the opportunities I have been given. I am so thankful for my family and all that they have helped me with & taught me. I am blessed with many wonderful friends.. true friends I might add. Friends that would do anything for me and will love me no matter what.
I am very grateful that I chose to be a volunteer for Habitat & give back to the community. It has really opened my eyes to things. I am so happy there are organizations like Habitat that help those who are in need. 

Welcome Home Hodge Family!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I think it is wonderful that you have helped bless this family. You are amazing!

sarah ann said...

thats so amazing that you were able to help this sweet family in need!