Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fireside


I just got back from a CES Fireside. Julie Beck spoke and it was such a wonderful talk. I encourage everyone to listen to it. It is for the Young single adults but it is so good. http://www.lds.org/broadcast/ces/0,7341,395,00.html

Dating can be rough. She told us to not search for that "soul mate" because there is not one. She also talked about how a temple recommend equals obedience to the gospel, keeps the word of wisdom, pays tithing, attends meetings, etc. I think that is very true. It is one thing we should look for when dating. She gave a quote from Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley for young men that stated, "The girl you marry will take a terrible chance on you. … [You] will largely determine the remainder of her life. …" I think that is so true. She said that guys will take a terrible chance on us girls too.

I also liked the rest of what Pres. Hinckley said, "She will wish to be married to someone who loves her, who trusts her, who walks beside her, who is her very best friend and companion. She will wish to be married to someone who encourages her in her Church activity and in community activities which will help her to develop her talents and make a greater contribution to society. She will want to be married to someone who has a sense of service to others, who is disposed to contribute to the Church and to other good causes. She will wish to be married to someone who loves the Lord and seeks to do His will. It is well, therefore, that each of you young men plan to go on a mission, to give unselfishly to your Father in Heaven a tithe of your life, to go forth with a spirit of total unselfishness to preach the gospel of peace to the world wherever you may be sent." The quotes are from this talk. Every man should read this http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=5d8b605ff590c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav

The things I heard tonight were so full of truth. I realize there are many things in my life that I need to change. I am striving to do good & it has not been easy. However, I know there are many benefits by living the commandments so it makes it easier.
"The easiest, quickest path to happiness and peace is to repent and change as soon as we can." - Sis. Beck

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love love love your backround! Where do you find them? Cute pics of you and Jenn! xoxo